How We Support
Contact us. We’ll walk you through the details of any claim filing and guide you throughout the process.
Submit the Claim
Report your claim to Founder Shield 24 hours a day, any day of the week, through our claims portal. (Tip: it’s also linked to your account.) You can also self-report directly to your insurance carrier. Look for the first notice of loss email or phone number in your policy.
Meet Your Claims Advocate
Our claims team will be your advocate throughout the life of your claim. We will go to bat for you, ensuring your insurance carrier responds to you promptly and fairly and that you get the most out of your policy. We’re on the same team.
Recruit Legal Action
When you need an attorney to defend you, check with us. We will review your policy to make sure you understand the terms and conditions available to you under your policy for the defense of any claim.
Manage Your Claim
Keep current on claim updates or new developments through our convenient app, from tracking real-time progress to payout estimations to requesting further information from your insurance carrier.
We worked with Founder Shield to process our claims in a smooth and concise manner. Wouldn’t recommend anyone else.
We have a dedicated in-house insurance claims team to support you, the insured, during the claims process. No need to face this alone.
Latest Claims Insurance Insights
What’s the right insurance for an ICO?
Uncertainty in the ICO space is leading entrepreneurs to wonder how they can protect themselves from risk. Can these companies get insurance for an ICO like they can for other parts of their business? (Spoiler alert: yes they can)
How do i file a claim?
Report your claim to Founder Shield 24/7 any time of the day, any day of the week. Access the claims portal through your account here
If you’re self-reporting directly to your insurance carrier, the first notice of loss email or phone number can be found in your policy.
The pertinent information needed by your insurance carrier to file a claim includes:
- Date of loss
- Location of loss
- General Description of the Incident, including itemized losses and information as to the extent of damage (e.g., square footage for damage to premises, etc.)
- An itemized list of emergency remediation costs and any mitigation efforts, if applicable. Please keep a list and retain receipts. (For property claims, please also retain physical custody of the items for inspection.)
- Relevant documentation (e.g., photographs, witness information, witness statements, incident reports, police reports, etc.)
A commercial insurance deductible is any reasonable and necessary costs incurred by the insured for any covered claim before the insurance carrier is obligated to make a payment under the policy. Review each of your policies thoroughly to determine your specific deductibles.
After filing a claim, your insurance carrier will assign a claims professional to investigate the incident, determine coverage, and manage the claim if applicable. While each claim is unique, the claims professional may request additional information, require further investigation, or an on-site evaluation if necessary.
Commercial insurance claims can vary immensely, depending on the policy type, limits, and claims process. Some are straightforward and others are complex. However, some claimants can see payouts as quickly as 15 to 30 days of the date the insurer accepts the claim, also known as the settlement date. More complex claims often take longer to process.
Several factors impact your premium, including:
- Exposures: risks being insured
- Company practices: views on safety, compliance, and risk management
- Program structure: the amount of deductible and willingness for a company to assume more risk
- Claims history: the type and amount of past claims against the company