We may, from time to time, collect personal data from individuals who are outside our company, such as:
- Individual representatives of our current or potential insurance carrier partners (“Carriers”);
- Employees, directors, officers, and other associates of our current or potential clients (“Clients”)
- Individuals who are applying for employment with us (“Applicants”); and
- Individual visitors of this website (“Visitors”) (Carriers, Clients, Applicants, and Visitors are referred to collectively as “You” or “Your”).
Personal Data We Collect and Purposes of Use
Your personal data is collected by various means, including electronic forms available on this website (the “Site”) or other websites, emails, phone calls, regular mail, and meetings. We collect and process personal data from You only for lawful reasons, such as our legitimate business interests (as described below), Your consent, or to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations.
In most cases, Your personal data is provided to us directly by You or Your employer. We may collect:
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- National ID/Social Security Number
- Marital Status
- Family/Dependent Information
- Financial Information
- Employment Information
- Personal health information, if Your company is interested in employee health insurance
- Information related to Your health insurance claims, if applicable
- Information You provide on a job application, resume, or CV, such as: education, employment history, qualifications, and professional licenses
- Your username and account setup information, should You choose to create an account on our site
We use Your personal data for the following business purposes:
- Sell, market, provide, and improve our products and services, including providing insurance quotes, servicing and renewing Your policies, and helping You with insurance claims
- Communicate with You and provide customer service
- Process, pay, and issue invoices
- evaluate and improve the products and services We offer or may offer in the future
- Analyze and administer claims
- Obtain and update insurance or credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies or motor vehicle record lookup companies
- Monitor accounts and the servicing thereof
- Conduct training
- Conduct interviews and evaluate Applicants
Third Party Sharing
We never share Your personal data with third parties for their sales or marketing purposes. We only share Your personal data to provide our products and services, process claims, and comply with legal obligations or investigations. We share personal data with insurers, reinsurers, brokers, underwriters, insurance reference bureaus, motor vehicle record lookup services, medical service providers, fraud detection agencies, loss adjusters, lawyers, accountants, and others involved in the underwriting and claims handling process.
If You live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, You have certain rights regarding Your personal data, including:
- You may request access to Your personal data and obtain information about our processing of Your personal data, with whom we share Your personal data, and Your rights.
- You may request that we restrict our processing of Your personal data.
- You may object to our processing of Your personal data.
- Where we process personal data based on Your consent, You may withdraw Your consent.
- You may correct personal data that is inaccurate and have incomplete personal data completed.
- You may request that we delete Your personal data or return or provide a copy of it to You.
To submit a question or concern about Your rights, please email Carl Niedbala at email@example.com.
Storage and Security
We store Your personal data for as long as required for the business purposes for which it was collected and processed. We take security seriously and implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data we collect from improper use, unauthorized access, and external threats.
Founder Shield collects information about how You use Our website by using cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on Your device, either temporarily or permanently, and allows Us to recognize You, track Your preferences, and learn about how users interact with Our website. You can configure Your internet browser preferences to limit the acceptance and storage of cookies, but blocking all cookies may severely limit Your browsing experience on Our and other websites. You can learn more about cookies, how they work, and how to opt out of their usage here.
The cookies Founder Shield uses vary. Some of the cookies Founder Shield uses are necessary to allow users to navigate secure areas containing content for registered users. Founder Shield also uses functional cookies to gather information about user choices such as language, region, or other settings. Information gleaned from these functional cookies is usually anonymized and not used for non-functional purposes.
Founder Shield uses analytical services to determine the effectiveness of Our content, what interests Our users, and the functionality of Our Services. We also use web beacons-which are usually one-pixel electronic images inserted in web content or email messages, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand more about website visitors and count visitor numbers. Founder Shield utilizes performance cookies to track how many individual users visit Our website and how often they do so. While information gathered through web beacons, tracking pixels, and performance cookies are generally not used to personally identify any user, such data may be combined with other information to analyze personal website user information.
By using Founder Shield’s Services, You agree that We can place cookies on Your device as described herein.
If You choose, You can interact with Founder Shield via social media websites, plug-ins, or applications. Your privacy settings on social media platforms determine the information made available to Us when You engage with via social media. Please refer to the privacy statements, settings, and help guides of these social media platforms to learn more.
Our Service may provide online forums through various potential functionalities, including messaging, comments, chat rooms, blogs, and other similar mechanisms, which may allow You its third-party business partners have any control whatsoever over the user-generated content contained in such a forum provided through Our Services, and therefore will bear no liability for the content’s accuracy, suitability, legality, or inoffensiveness. Founder Shield bears no responsibility or obligation to monitor user-generated content, but nevertheless reserves the right to remove or edit user-generated information for any reason whatsoever. Should You encounter any issues with user-generated content, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing Our Website on Mobile Devices
If You access Our Services with Your mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including but not limited to Your mobile device’s unique device identification, IP address, mobile operating system, internet browsers in use, and location. We also may collect information about the way You use Our Services. Should You choose to provide Founder Shield with Your mobile phone number, You consent to the use of Your number for the purposes identified in Our Terms of Service. If You choose to receive text or other notifications from Us on Your mobile device, You also consent to the use of Your phone number for that purpose.
Occasionally, at Our discretion, We may include links to or offer third party products or services on Our website. We do not control the personal data collection methods of third party websites that can be reached through links from our Site. We encourage You to be aware when You are leaving this Site and to read the privacy statements of any third party website that collects Your personal data.
Legal Requirements and Transfer of Company Ownership
We may disclose Your personal or other sensitive information if We are required to do so-or have the good faith belief that such action is necessary-to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Founder Shield, in response to law enforcement authority or other government official requests, when necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or, in the event that Founder Shield is subject to a merger or acquisition, to the new owner of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
We Do Not Intend to Collect Information of Children
We understand the importance at protecting the privacy of children. Our website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children, and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children on Our website.
Changes to this Policy
Last Updated: 5.24.2018